Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another day of sh*t

Pretty damn cold today. Yup pretty damn cold. Went to the Bike World Ames roller race. I felt like ass, not sure if it was cuz I was trying out a new bike on rollers or what. Could have been zapped from the drive into the head wind with random hairy ice patches. Either way no biggie. I was glad I went. There was 1 All9Yards guy there so this was a race they weren't gonna control for a change. Its too bad they didn't make it up. I really like those guys. I wonder what they are up to. I'm pretty sure I am gonna get a powertap. I vow not to blog about it. That shit really annoys me. I don't want to know peoples watts, HR's, and Zones. I want to know why they had an awesome day and why they are blogging about it. I don't want to know if they think they are fit and the shit. Seriously though, a show of hands, (all 6 of them). What would you rather hear about? Somebody blogging about how effin awesome they are or someone blogging about how bad their day sucked. I seriously think people relate more to a person having a bad day instead of reading about a person and their wonder twin activated powers. My favorite quote today came from Harper, and he admitted he stole it from someone else, but I still liked it. I asked "how are you Greg?" And he responded "better than I deserve." Aren't we all that way? Its still damn sh*tty cold, and I am awesome.

3 comments:

Neve_r_est said...

Rules: only blog about power if A)know wtf you're talking about B)it's for educational purposes(ie not gloating), and C)you're Dave Harris, Lynda Wallenfels, or Syd.

No whining.

Ride yer bike. Outside. And be happy about it.

Thats about it.
DG

mattonne said...

I always thought the wonder twins turned into animals???? maybe that was the Schmoo...

How do i get to my old stuff said...

I'm tired of the cold too. Mostly like my powertap. I think it's helping me improve my spin in that I've been riding rollers a lot and then focusing maintaining even power. The days I don't like it are the ones where something is amiss with the technology or my battery gets sketchy. On those days, I kinda feel like chucking it all and just riding how I feel. But then, I remember how horribly inaccurate I am when it comes to feeling and performance, suck it up, replace the battery and go back to the tech. When you're a nerd, you just gotta accept it. :) I'd never go back to just heart rate after seeing how much it lags behind on interval efforts and stuff like that.