Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm branching out.

Below is my current bad ride travel vehicle. This is sorta an expirement in blogger photoposting with images from my phone as I am too lazy to be that creative. I almost gave this car up but couldn't quite find a buyer that was looking for a vehicle that gets 33mpg. I guess gas is too cheap right now or people have to much pride to get in such a POS. Somethings that I like about this car is that I can get 3 bikes with wheels off behind the backseat, 2 bikes in the bike seat, and 2 bikes on my sweet, no investment, homemade rear rack. I use to hate this car when it had a roof rack but then it came alive when I took it off. For some reason when I did that, my fuel economy increased about 30%. I know this would vary vehicle to vehicle but it makes me wonder about how responsible a roof rack is for the environment when other option exist. Anyway, its cold out and I am going to go warm myself over a nice styrofoam bonfire. Goodnight...

9 comments:

mattonne said...

I couldn't agree more about the roof rack, hindsight being 20-20 I should have got a hitch mount AND one that doesn't require the removal of the front tire....Al Gore is coming to kick my ass

Neve_r_est said...

Lol! Matt, you drive a Rover!

DG

Neve_r_est said...

Oh and with my bike to garage door ratio, reciever hitch racks are in my future as well.

DG

How do i get to my old stuff said...

Don't most of the hitch racks with trays have an arm that comes up to help stabilize?

Anonymous said...

you should just ride your bike to the race!!

Anonymous said...

i don't have a car anymore. it's better that way...how is everyone in the land of corn.

cauc-asian

i love tracy

Anonymous said...

Nice rack. Care if I copy you?
chad

Tater said...

Its just some angle iron brackets I welded up and some chopped up load bars from a roof rack. I was gonna make a hitch reciver but ended up just bolting a couple of brackets to each side of the frame. Very low budget

Pete Basso said...

...and Tracy did all the work while on the company/state time. Now that's what I can economical!!